If you are completely new to cooking or live a very busy life, then you need an electric rice cooker. Moreover, it is quick and easy to use. Much attention is not needed compared to cooking rice in a vessel.
One of the major benefits of an electric rice cooker is the feature ‘multi-tasking option.’ You can use it to steam vegetables, prepare soup, make instant noodles, or more. Additionally, it comes at an affordable price range and saves lots of time. However, there are a few important points to consider before choosing the best electric rice cooker.
Top 5 Best Stainless Steel Rice Cooker 2019
How to Choose the Best Stainless Steel Rice Cooker for Yourself?
Stainless steel is considered the safest material for a rice cooker. It is vital to understand all the possible factors that can affect your purchase. Below listed are certain significant factors for you to look out before making your final purchase:
- Material and Construction: You have to check the type of material the model is made of. In addition to stainless steel material, they come with non-stick coating. Therefore, the material is what tells the story of durability, which is depend on fragility and sturdiness of it. Look for your preference regarding portable and easy storage or place on a kitchen countertop. So you might not want a rice cooker that is too bulky to fit snugly in the kitchen space.
- Components: The main body of a rice cooker consists of 4 components. The main body of a cooker, an inner cooking pan, heating plate kept on the bottom of the cooking pan and thermal sensor device underneath the heating element. This sensor device is small and a spring-loaded thermometer that continuously checks the heat of the pan.
- Size and Capacity: The model you want depends on the size of the rice cooker. Family size and food quantity to cook in the stainless steel rice cooker determines the actual size capacity of the rice cooker.
- Water level Indicator: A water level indicator is very important to look for. It denotes the water ratio to rice required for cooking the rice. It helps you to cook rice perfectly in the right amount of water.
- Cook and warm function: Every model of rice cooker comes with a cook and warm function, which automatically on/off accordingly. It allows the rice to cook efficiently by retaining its nutritional values.
- Quality: The quality of the model is also very crucial to check. Do not think that the product that promises high quality will work efficiently.
- Price: Its functions determine the price of any rice cooker. Only a few features mean the price will be commensurate.
Among all these features to look for, the capacity of the rice cooker is what you should decide first. The stainless steel construction is the best for food release. Use non-scratchable utensils and cleaning products to avoid scratches in the bowl.